quinta-feira, 23 de outubro de 2008

day 11 - back and forward

day 11

Today is my last day at the graffiti hostel, so i got a good bath in the morning, packed my stuff (i'm getting tired of writing that, imagine of doing it) and said goodbye to the people i wasn't expecting to see again.
The feeling is not like saying goodbye to a long time friend, but it is saying goodbye. There is this mutual feeling among backpackers, has they really help each others in many ways, and in some cases they become family. Bridget (fictions name for the 60 year old lady i told you about), thanked me for the conversation we had last night before going to sleep, well, as a matter a fact, i'm the one that has to thank, here experiences in travelling and in life where really something you want to listen and try to get as many knowledge from her as you possibly can.

The people at the hostel looked out for my packs while i went searching for a new home. I went walking out the door as i was born in Barcelona, i had the hostels addresses noted down and went running all of them to see the best option. The Barcelona subway is really well organized in what comes to stations an timetables.
On my third try, i found this hostel, Mediterranean Hostel, same price as the other, but way better, much more cleaner, a proper kitchen, individual showers, the only problem is that in my room there are this group of australian's, i have been here for 5 min. and i'm already like "can anyone make them talk not so loud! please?", they seem like a cool group.

I have to go back to the old hostel to get my pack's, so of i go, take the subway, change line and i'm there. Get everything on my back, one more goodbye, but i got more than i went for, this japanese guy, that only speaks japanese and knows how to say yes and no in english is trying to talk to me.
Trying is the correct word for what as going on, with a map in japanese, one in spanish, a notebook, and a pen we finally got to understand each other. I walked him to the subway station he needed, and then we went separate directions, the old hand shake is understood in any language, so the goodbye and good luck wasn't to hard.

Back in the new hostel, getting ready to shop for grocery's to make lunch, yes, today i'm trying to make lunch, i remembered i've forgotten the battery charger in the old hostel.... take the subway, change line and i'm there. Everyone looking at me and asking "already"? I just showed the charger and walked out, at least i left everyone with a smile on their faces :) take the subway, change line and i'm in the new hostel.

On the subway i had this first degree encounter with this group of subway "task force". So, when i was taking a turn on the subway tunnel to get to my line, there they are, two Schwarzeneggers and a woman, it took me still like 10 seconds to realize what was going on, gave my ticket they checked it and then i went. Jeeee, you don't want to get caught running from them, it is better to pay the 40€ fee if you don't have a valid ticket, believe me.

It's 2pm, and the mood to cook, correction, to try to cook is gone, so a pizza, a big bottle of orange juice and some pears i bought in a supermarket close to the hostel is going to do just fine. I love microwaves, it is magical, you get something raw in there and it comes out ready to eat :D Somehow, i'm feeling a bit tired so i went to get a nap. I only waked up at 7.30pm feeling great, i really needed that, i got mail's checked, got a nice hot shower, it felt so good, and something to eat.

The people staying at the Mediterranean Hostel, are a lot younger and almost all of them are american and australian. Well, until i make new friends i'm just going to be on my laptop chatting and getting some things done. Tomorrow the weather channel says it is going to be sunny, so that is my change to do the Gaudi root. Mean while i'm on waiting list to get a few more days at the hostel so that i can go see the basketball match from Barcelona on sunday.

cya

Sem comentários: