sexta-feira, 10 de outubro de 2008

Last things before undergoing surgery...

Before undergoing into my new lifestyle surgery and starting to nip and tuck my personality to survive one more adventure, I came to find out that the most common pre-travelling cliché is a rather cool thing to do... Doing things the last time before departure.

Last soccer match with good friends, last basketball practice with the kids, last client meting, last dinner with clients, goodbye party's and the last goodbye words to some friends and some others more than friends...

I'm not a nostalgic person (Alf like smile listen to), but things do get a rather different meaning. Does that are most close to you also share this feeling. Some of them start to question if the journey is really a good idea and that it's ok to go back on my decision, while others offer to help you pack up, words of encouragement and even other useful items ;).
For the record, none of them asked for my bank account number in case I needed :D My guess is this generic attitude is caused by the alarming economy, if not what else?

I could even delay the departure just to do more of this last things :D

Let's be honest, we all know we have good friends but in this type of uncommon situations they really say what they feel about you, and that is a really good thing to ear, especially if you are getting ready to be absent for a long period of time. Oh, one piece of advise, if you are going trough this type of experience, you should be very alert, because people chose really weird ways to say I will miss you.

This post is starting to resemble the closing minutes of a tv series episode, but in this real life series there isn't a moral do the story, at least not one that I had figure out. The only thing that truly stands out - (turn the microphone filter to Morgan Freeman voice) - is a huge thank you note to all my friends and family, thank you for everything.

And now, let the lame word's fly over our heads for a minutes.... and let the games begin :D:D:D

1 comentário:

Bruno Silva disse...

a world in which we find everything ... can we be lucky to find people like you! and I had such luck! Friend in the true sense of the word.
Now that your adventure begins I wish you luck and enjoy the greater good. I will always be attentive to the blog and if you need something I'm always here for you
until now brother and do not forget you are simply the best

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMbtzalS3u8