sexta-feira, 24 de outubro de 2008

day 12 - Gaudí, Gaudí, Gaudí

day 12

Gaudí, is the word of the day. I was hoping for a good sunny day to do the "Gaudí rout" and i got one.
Wake up really early to see if my name was still in the waiting list for bed to the weekend, unfortunately it was, and then went strait back to bed. One more hour of doing nothing and thinking about doing nothing, and everyone started to get up and the lights went on.

Clara (fictional name), the brasilian girl i have met late in the last night has already gone, and only the half drunk australian and the girl from Canada are in the room.
She waked up saying hello to everyone really happy. When i asked her how did the pub crawling went, she told me she didn't remember :) she only remembers what happened until 2am. And i thought the australian looked like in bad shape :D

Shower, shave and get my cloths to laundry, i was using my last clean shirt today, and of i go to my Gaudí rout.
Started in Park Guell, i was there already when i was looking for a hostel, so it was easy to get there, and the pack of bold hair after middle age people really pointed the way. I started my visit from the back entrance, so i didn't got a woowwww face right way, it is a normal park on this side, just green trees and a rocky path. Was i went down, i started to see is work's, even got to visit is home. I took like 1000 photos easy today, and my camera really sucks or else... at least i had my laptop with me, so i wasn't worried about space in my memory card. Oh to see Gaudí's house the entry fee was 5 euros. In the park i found at least four or five musicians acting on their one, and at least four homeless people begging for money.

Next stop, sagrada família. Another wooowwww, and let me explain, this woooww has for the 18 euros they charged to enter plus the 2.5 euros to use the elevator (there isn't another way up, you have to use the elevator, so after almost starting a revolution against the church, they explored the people for the last century's and they are at it again, grrrr, every day i hate even more this "institution". I took some pictures from the outside and moved to the next stop.

Casa Milà - "La pedrera", after spending 10 minutes thinking if i wanted to pay the 9.5 euros to enter, i finally got in line and bought the ticket, i'm so glad i did it, the building is amazing, the tour is well organized, the audio guides text's are really helpfull, i took like 2 hours to see everything. Just amazing. You have to see for your self, i can say i was seated in the rooftop of La pedrera, it's something i'm proud, it is really easy to achieve, but it is one achievement i'm proud to have done.

Next Casa Batló, besides the 18.5 euros ticket, the house is really cool, got some good photos, and then went to eat something, i was starving.

I decided to give one last try on finding a basketball jersey from a spanish team. I went to El Corte Inglês, a 9 floor store, after finding out that the store that better suits my needs is two blocks down, i found myself lost in the first floor, it is by far, a lot more easy to loose yourself in El Corte Inglês that in the city.
In the other El Corte, i was able to finally found what i was looking for, a bit more than i was willing to pay, but it is my last hope, so. I think my brother will like this one.

Back to the hostel, had lasagne for dinner. Again, microwaves are the best friend of a non chef :D A little chat with the canadian girl, i don't really know here name, so there is no point on coming up with a fictitious one. I got to meet a friend of Clara, we had a nice talk in portuguese, with is rather nice if you have spend the last couple of days speaking, and trying to speak every language you can possible know.

1 comentário:

Anónimo disse...

romeu your team won again against juventude de guimaraes :)

but it was more dificult that i was expecting....:)(52-41)

but one more win and that s it that counts :)

grande abraco do zeca e continua.....a tua descoberta :)