terça-feira, 21 de outubro de 2008

day 8 - Lunes cerrado

day 8

I had to leave the hotel room at 11 o'clock, so i waked up at 10:30 to shave. My morning surprise was that i had lost my tooth brush, maybe i left it at Andre's flat, i had to finger brush today :D

I checked my e-mail to see if there was any news from my couches and packed all the gadgetry, it was already fully charged, so I started my walking in Bilbao.
One stop to the post office to mail the poster back to Portugal, another stop at the train station to get my ticket to Barcelona, it leaves at 10.20pm. I'm so glad it is a night train, this away i don't lose a full day in a trip, and off we go to the Guggenheim Museum.

Today i have to carry my backpack's with me, so like if the all stoping to take pictures at everything wasn't enough to call attentions, i have a big blue backpack with a red tent strap on to it on my back and a smaller one on my front resembling does things to carry baby's.
Bilbao is not so different from Braga, ok, it is a lot bigger, but not so different. One thing that girls from back home would like to have is the 4 buildings Zara store i saw today, huge huge store, a woman's paradise.

Another reason that the bus terminal was so crowded last night is because there is a university near by, so that explains all the young girls ;) I finally got to the museum, and my jaw just dropped... what the hell was he on when he designed the building? he was certainly on heroine. It is so amazing, jeee, i can't even imagine what they were thinking when they were building this beauty.

So i went around the building to get photos from different angles of it, and i just can't wait to get inside, it is a blow out to my brain. After finding the entrance, and making the japanese tourist thing at the door i started to go down the main entrance steps, oh, by the way, this is the only occasion that going down is more hard that going up, at every step the backpack jumped on my shoulders and it looks like it is getting heavier every step. I'm so hoping they have a place for me to leave my stuffs safe while i visit the inside.

At the door, i read something in spanish, but as my spanish isn't at a good level yet and just to be sure because i certainly wasn't reading right, i scrolled down with my eyes to read the translated version "closed on mondays" grrrrrr ahhhhh $#%&"#*, and more $#%&"#*$#%&"#* $#%&"#* $#%&"#*.
And i had to sleep here just to see the museum closed? $%&#$05D%&$.
Two lessons learned, never arrive on a monday, and check and recheck everything on line.

So i wasn't to put to waste my day, i went to see the rest of the city. Had lunch, and found a nice park to relax, read a little and enjoy the apples i just bought at the supermarket.
There was this nice park near an old building that looked like a small retirement home. It was strange because it was near to an avenue, and as you ear the birds singing and the wind blowing in the tree leafs, here and there you ear a car horn. There were some people still having lunch at the park, and others were sleeping on the bench's, no one on the grass.

So i decided to take off my shoes, the benchs are well spread apart so i don't have to worry about the others in the park :D I was going to start doing some work but my local server wasn't working, i need to go on line to figure out what is wrong.
So i started to read, Jangada de Pedra by José Saramago, i'm really getting into the book. I got the sun in my face, but in a gently way, because it is being filtered by the tree above me, it feels great. When i get back home i will do this more often, get something to eat, take my shoes off and relax our read, it really helps.

In my two to three hours in the park, i saw two couples break up, one of them solved their problems in the end, and saw this guy, about my age, helping what seemed to look like is grandfather to exercise is legs. Is "grandfather" was very old, and was moving on a wheel chair, so every once in a while, they both got up, and grabbing is grandson by the arms they walked a little. I so enjoyed that moment that i started to see it as a dance not a must do thing, they walked faced on to each other, so it was like a slow valsa, very slow valsa, i'm sorry if you think this is a bit sadistic from me, but to me it was a good picture.

The sun started to fade and it was getting a bit chilli, so i packed up and decided to take another walk on the city, this time no map, just walking, my ipod is on shuffle and off i go, the music was perfect one after another, just really easy songs, nothing to fancy, i remember finding myself singing Armandinho out loud in a red light and a lady looking at me smiling, i was so embarrassed at the time.

So i went to get some milk to drink, i hadn't drink a drop of milk since i started, so i figure that i should buy a 1L. package, got it all in one swallow :D
I'm glad im cutting on sugar, because in every corner there is a candy shop (not the 50 cent kind). I passed the temptation with excellency :D Waiting for the train was the hard part, i was tired of walking with the pack's, i wanted to save battery for the train, i started to fold paper, i'm so glad i brought so many of does 8 by 8 squares, this way i can practice all the models i know without having to use the good paper.

The train as arrived and we all have to get our bags to check up, i was trying to avoid it, they will discover the bomb... the guard was looking at the other side when my went on the screen :D
So in the train, i got the top right bed again, this time i was helping people to find they bed's and not the other way around. Has the train leaves at 22.20 every one is going strait to bed so there is no one to talk to. Oh well i think i will get some rest to.

Sem comentários: