quinta-feira, 16 de outubro de 2008

day 4 - switch modes: work to chillout

day 4

After arriving to Lisbon, waiting for Peter to pick me up, I decided to take some pictures to the train station Gare do Oriente. Got out my new amazing cheap camera, the mini tripod and started clicking like a Japanese tourist.
I love this station, and as it is getting darker, the yellow warm lights make it more and more beautiful. The last time I was here, was on my vacations to Greece. Besides being day light, at the time I was focussed on looking at something(someone) else ;)

Peter arrives, a few minutes of chat (till 4 in the morning) to catch up since last week goodbye party, and off to bed we go, "we go" not like we got in bed together :D
I had a good night sleep - the drueling kind - and got the chance to try my sleeping bag, it will do me just fine, not that in Peters house I had the need for it since it looks like an oven.

Awaking at brunch time and not very hungry, its time to test my new home and my packing skills. Getting my sleeping gear back on the backpack, taking my shower stuff and day clothes off, take a fast shower and then getting what I don't need back in. It seems like a long procedure, AND IT IS, I better get pro at this, I'm going to practice it every single day from now on.
personal note: I've got to find a better and quicker way to do this... boriiiiing.

Taking a walk by the river, morning talk (to us it was still morning) which is always very easy to keep on going, "me: it is a bit different since my last time here! peter: yep." or "Peter: what do you want to do? Romeu: anything..." always pleasant conversation.

Finding the cheapest lunch in Lisbon it's almost a quest worthy of being a Indiana Jones title. Totally unexpected after a 15 minute, walk we found a picanha plate at the modest price of 3.99€.... not as tasty as does Eurico always fancy us in his huge restaurant guide back in Braga, but it was ok.

10 minutes finished my lunch and I'm in work mode again, my metabolism just isn't in sync with my new lifestyle, and I can't seem leave the office behind. It's the price to pay after a few years working very very hard in pursuit of a dream, and I don't regret a single day that passed by. Now I just need to get my mind off work and learn to chill a bit.

Went to check on the train schedule and got back at Peters flat. I started to work on his website and got the chance to keep up the on line chat with some of you back home. I even got the good news that my brother is going to work with Xinez, congratulations to both of you, and thank you once more my soul brother, even away you look out for me and my family.

Dinner time, and he get on the road to see Peters old boss and friend. Having to go by Sporting and Benfica stadium to is new office, that by the way isn't very well located, it was in the middle of a Lisbon thug zone, but it was nice anyway, he made funny comments about my accent right away, very friendly guy.

Dinner, great fish, even better talk, some advices on life, talked about the trip, about work, I even got the chance to tell some of my jokes... most of them will stop making logic in other languages so last chance to tell them now, we laugh out loud, laugh till tears started to drop.
Left my mark outside the restaurant by messing up a big vase made of wood, no one saw it but us, eh eh.

Time to go to bed, tomorrow I'll crossover to nuestros hermanos side, and a 14 hour trip starting at 04.15 pm in the Sud Express expects me.
Sud Express is famous for its legacy in the 70's, when the Portuguese emigrant all tried their luck in France the sud Express was always packed. I'll be stopping in San Sebastian - Spain, but maybe I'll get to ear some stories about it. I have already heard that the conditions have not gotten better since does days. There are even some movies with scenes shot on this train.

The real adventure really starts tomorrow, let the Spanish conquest begin.

1 comentário:

Anónimo disse...

Ainda so passaram 3 dias mas ja sinto falta do teu mau humor:) ainda custa a acreditar que o meu tao querido irmao se foi embora, que o verdadeiro pai que conheci foi agora se aventurar por essa europa fora... Junto com a saudade nasce tambem uma inveja saudavel de querer ter a mxm coragem para me aventurar da mxm forma como tu o estas a fazer! Mais uma vez me ensinas-te algo, ensinas-te me que devemos arriscar e acreditar naquilo que queremos, que e exactamente o que estas a fazer.
Espero sinceramente que encontres o que procuras obter dessa tua grande aventura e que pelo caminho encontres pessoas tao espetaculares como tu!
Toma cuidado contigo e vai dando noticias,

beijinhus****